This is a very simple lentils recipe which is cooked with flat beans and radish especially in winter season. It goes well with steaming hot rice and aloo bhaja or begun bhaja (potato or brinjal fry)
- Red lentils (mushur dal) – 1 cup
- Flat beans (shim) – 8 to 10 pieces(trim the edges)
- Radish (white or red) – 1/2 cup (thin round pieces)
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
- Green chili – 2
- Dey red chili – 2
- Kalonji seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Mustard oil for cooking
1. Clean and wash the dal, then pressure cook it with little salt and green chili just for one whistle and keep it aside till the pressure release.
2. Now in a kadai put the 1 tbsp oil, when heats up add the kalonji seeds and dry red chili. Let it crackle. Then add the flat beans and radish together and mix them nicely. Cover the lid and let it cook for sometime.
3. Now open the lid and put some salt and turmeric powder into it. Mix it properly. Cook it till the veggies are soft.
4. Then add the boil dal into the kadai and cook it for another 4 to 5 minutes till the dal absorb the all the flavors. Now check the seasoning and add the coriander leaves. Mix well again.
5. Switch off the gas now and serve with hot rice.